Caramel Bananas on Crumpets
1/3 cup brown sugar
2-3 ripe but firm bananas, sliced diagonally into 1.5cm thick slices.
1/3 cup cream
1. Place the butter and brown sugar in a frying pan and stir over a moderate heat until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the bananas to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning at times until the bananas have softened a little.
3. Carefully lift the bananas from the pan, increase the heat and add the cream, allowing it to bubble and the caramel to thicken.
4. At the same time toast the crumpets until golden.
5. Serve the crumpets with banana and spoon over caramel sauce.